It is not living that matters, but living rightly. In today’s world, many are living by the wrong rules which eventually make them feel frustrated. Oftentimes You hear people say I’m tired of trying or ask questions like why are things not falling into place? The truth is they can’t get it right until they apply the principle of living right. Every man wants to be happy and successful… True… right? Living right is the bridge that leads to living bright.
You are about to embark on a life-changing adventure, so sit tight as you’ll begin to know some of the basic principles of living right.
Let’s get it on…
Principles of living right
1. Keep it under your hat. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking… it’s funny right? The truth is there’s no need to say anything to anybody about it. Keep quiet and keep it under your hat. There may be times when you feel like talking to someone about your plan, dream or what you’re doing, well, you can’t and you don’t. Let them find out for themselves with no clues from you.
There is no need to go into any details because that’s not really what people want to know. In fact it’s exactly the opposite of what they want to know. It’s just like someone asks how are you. What they really wants to hear is just one word, ‘Fine’. Most people don’t care as you think except for few that are either a mentor or guardian. So do it quietly, stay happy and be accomplish.
2. You’ll get older but not necessarily wiser. Yeah, you are getting older, but does that keep you from making mistakes? Hmm… You do learn from experience and may not likely make the same mistake again but honestly, there are new ones, different ones that spring up as you go on. The secret is to accept this and not beat yourself up when new ones surface. This principle says be kind to yourself when you mess things up. Be forgiving, accept it and keep moving.
….Wisdom isn’t about not making mistakes but about learning to escape afterwards with our dignity and sanity intact
3. Accept yourself. If you accept that what’s done is done, you are left with yourself exactly as you are. You can’t go back and change anything, so you’ve got to work with what you you have. Accepting is easy, why? if you ask, because it’s exactly what it says – accepting. This means you will accept all the bad habits, weakness and errors and the rest of it… Not to make you happy about yourself but to accept the way you are and then build on it.
… Success is falling down and each time you fall, you pick yourself back up again.
Accept that you fail, don’t beat yourself up on it, STOP picking faults with yourself, or giving yourself a hard time. Instead, accept and put yourself together once more.
4. Know what counts and what doesn’t. Yes… It’s crucial to know this… are you asking why? Reason is because many major on the minor and vice versa. Now observe… Reading this counts. Being kind and considerate counts. Doing something useful with your life definitely counts. Going shopping because you’re bored doesn’t. There are some things in this life that are important and a whole lot of things that aren’t. You have to focus on what’s important to you in life and make positive changes. Think about what you do that counts – and do more of it.
5. Dedicate your life to something. To know what counts and what doesn’t, you’ve got to know what you are dedicating your life to. As an example, when I was younger, I spent about 80% of my time away from home, and what took me from the comfort zone of my parents was the passion to be a better me . I spent the whole of my time learning from my mentors.
It was a life I love and I dedicated myself to it. Lessons learned from those days are vital to me today.
You’ve got to know what you’re doing, why you’re doing it, where you are and where you are going
Get yourself a mission statement that will be a guide. Disney’s mission for example is ‘To make people happy’. Decide what you’re dedicating your life to now…. Yes, today. It makes the rest easier.
6. Be flexible in your thinking. Once your thinking gets rigid, you can’t think through. Once you think you have all the answers, you are on the wrong part already. To get the most out of life you have to keep all your options open, keep your thinking and life flexible. Yeah, you have to be ready to roll as the storm breaks.
… Try to see life not as the enemy but as a friendly partner
If you are flexible you’ll have fun. If you stand your ground by being rigid you’re likely to knocked about. Seriously, you’ve got to see life as a series of adventures. Each adventure is a chance to have fun, learn something, explore the world, expand your circle of friends and experience and broaden your horizons.
It’s getting high now… right?
7. Take an interest in the outside world. Have you ever think about how big the world is? Do you know that opportunity flies around you every now and then? Taking an interest in the outside world is about developing you, rather than for the world’s benefit. You’ve got to know what’s going on in the world around you. “You don’t necessarily have to know the latest on everything but you should have a rough idea of what’s changing, what’s new and what’s happening, both in your community and the outside world”. Ask questions, read, listen and be ready to learn.
8. Be on the good side and not the bad. Every single day of your life you’re faced with a great number of choices to make. Yeah…. me too.
And most of your choices is between being on the good side or the bad side. Which are you going to pick? Every action we take has an effect on everything – family, people around us, society and the world in general. The truth is sometimes it can be difficult. Making the decision to always be on the good side is often a tough call. But friend, if we want to be fulfilled in this life – then we have to consciously do this – good and not bad.
And that’s it on the first part of living right. Stay motivated…. Stay inspired
Stay close for the next part of living right.
Leave your own principle of living right and comments below