The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose. It’s when we live a life of purpose we find fulfilment in life. Whatever you want to be in life is found in your purpose. Now, how do you discover it? It’s simple… But first, you have to know that you must stay focus and be honest with yourself. Finding other things might be easy sometimes but finding oneself can be a bit hard.
There are 4 points here to help discover your purpose and also 12 questions that will serve as a guide to channel your mind towards the right direction . Here we go…….
- Passion and interest. Write down the things that you enjoy spending time doing. These can be related to your work, your personal life, or your home life. They should be things that make you happy, that you really enjoy doing. These are things that you enjoy doing, they are things you can do even without getting paid and they are likely things that cause you to loose track of time.
… Passion is a natural thing. You hardly need any motivation to do what you’re passionate about. When you do what you have passion for, it turns out great with less stress.
- Talents/gifts. This is a natural ability or skill. The population of the world is about 7 billion or more and each person is created with unique ability to do some certain things. This ability is called talents or gifts. Some are blessed with few and some more but the point is everyone have at least 2 to 3 natural ability. The people ruling the world today discover their talents and passion. We call them celebrities, superstars and other names. Think about your talents and write them down.
… Talents are treasures buried deep down inside of us. Discover it and you’re on for greatness.
- What you love in people. Write down what you love and also what you love in people. There are things you admire in people, things that connect with you. These people might be your mentor, guardian, friend, partner, boss or neighbour. Identifying these things with the above points can open your inner eyes to see what your purpose is.
- Who inspire you. Think about people whom you find truly inspiring. Write out why you find them inspiring and what they do (both career and lifestyle). You know there are people you so much admire that you want to pattern your life after them. Sometimes you admire these people because they share your beliefs, ideas, career view or a lifestyle that interest you. It is important to write these things down as they will shed light on who you truly are.
I’m sure your spirit is high already… yeah, me too. After writing all that down you will check them with the answers of the 12 questions you are about to go through. The idea is to check for similarities between all your answer. There will definitely be things that will appear most. Your overall answer will show you who you are and what you should start doing.
To answer these questions… you’ve got to be honest with yourself. Give each question a minute or two to answer and write them down. Here we go….
- What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.).
- What are your favorite things to do in the past? What about now?
- What activities make you lose track of time?
- What makes you feel great about yourself?
- Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
- What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
- If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
- What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
- What were some challenges, difficulties and hardships you’ve overcome or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
10.What causes do you strongly believe in? connect with?
11. If you could get a message across to a large group of people. Who would those people be? What would your message be?
12. Given your talents, passions and values. How could you use these resources to serve, to help, to contribute? ( to people, beings, causes, organization, environment, planet, etc.)
… I hope this is helpful and inspiring to discover your purpose.
I’m glad to spend time with you once again, thanks. Leave your comments below.