It’s good to be back, it’s been a while and I miss you all. Today I’m asking a question… why do people get married? I believe people get married for different reasons, some do to find fulfilment, some to find companionship, some to build a family or future. I can go on and on as there are numerous reasons why people get married from tribes and culture to religion and all that.
But in all of this one thing is certain… Happiness. No matter what the reason is everyone wants to be happy in marriage. If you are not married yet, I believe you’re planning to have a happy marriage and if you are I believe you’d like it to remain a happy one.
… Without happiness, marriage can not be enjoyable. Lack of happiness can be destructive in marriage.
Here are 7 basics of a happy marriage that brings out the best in every marriages. Some of these points you know but don’t be too familiar, look at them closely and think about them.
- Respect. Acknowledge each others roles in the marriage. Recognize and appreciate each others efforts. No matter how tempted you may be, don’t be quick to point out the negatives in your partner. Focus instead on the good. The positive.
- Pay attention to your partner. Listen to your partner when they speak. Acknowledge them if they have a new look or went out of their way to do something different. A simple smile will go a long way.
- Give each other some privacy. Don’t interfere too much in every little thing your partner does. This could cause uncalled for arguments that will ultimately bring stress into the marriage.
- Avoid very close relationships with the opposite sex. Behavior such as flirting can create mistrust and lead your partner to feel insecure. This could strain the marriage.
… Consider your spouse in every decision you make, because every decision you make will impact them in some ways .
- Be positive and focus on the future. As much as it is important to learn from past mistakes, don’t dwell on the mistakes. Say kind and positive uplifting words to your partner. Constantly pointing out the weaknesses in your partner and keeping a record of all that they did wrong in days past can lead to low self esteem and cause strain in the marital relationship.
- Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Being together at all times and knowing each other too much can create irritation and tension. Spending some time apart gives both partners a chance to miss each other’s company and presence and value what they have. It is important of course to not spend too much time apart.
- Don’t be selfish. Always endeavor to do more for your partner as opposed to always expecting them to always be the more giving one. Be supportive and helpful to each other. Always putting the other person’s needs and feelings into consideration.
Marriage is a beautiful thing. it’s a thing of joy. It’s meant to be enjoyed and not endured. If you are enduring your marriage, something is definitely wrong. Put yourself together and make things right again. If you are not married, then my friend, it’s never too late to start preparing for it.
It took me a while to make this publish after the last one in late September. I had to give time to settle some things in the family. I’m glad all is good now.
Thanks for always being there. You all are family to me.
Leave your comments below.