Every man must learn to not live for himself alone but also others. This is what makes him significant and successful in life. There is a saying I heard years back, it says, if something is not pursuing you, you’ve got to pursue something. I interpreted it as, if good life is not coming at you then you have to go at it. You can’t stay put and expect good life to jump at you. There have to be something that propels you to do more. There must be a sense of responsibility, a sense of duty.
…To live your mark on earth, you’ve got to have that thing that makes you want to go the extra mile even when you’re tired.
You’ve got to find that thing that fuels your energy, strength, hope, and assurance that you can get there.
…Everyone wants success and fulfilment in life, but not everyone gets it.
There must be something you’re living for. This thing will take you to the level of significance in life. Whatever you are living for should be beyond you. I mean beyond your personal needs and wants. When a man think of himself what pushes such man to do more is his needs and want, once that is met, he’s just fine. Such a man can’t really help the other person let alone impact the world.
- How many of us are satisfied with what we have?
- How many of us want more out of life?
- How many of us want more of what we have?
- If you have one million dollars today, what will you do with it?
- If you know what you can do with a million dollars, what are you willing to do to get it?
- How many are worth a million dollars?
- How many of you wants a million dollars cheque?
- What are you doing to get it?
Life is in level and stages. Everyone occupies a level. The levels are:
- Survival level. This is the stage of vegetating, living from hand to mouth.
- Success. This level, a man have possession; house, cars, and he can pay his bills. Many are struggling to get to this level.
- Significance. At this level you are so big you no longer exists for yourself; you’re adding value to others, helping people and putting smiles on their faces.
Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Thomas Edison, this people have foresight, they have visions and dreams that goes beyond them. They dream of things that will not only benefit them but also the world and their dreams pushed them to do more. Today we celebrate them.
Dare to think beyond yourself. If you want to be a world shaker, you’ve got to tight your belt and keep pressing on. I want to be a world shaker and I believe you want that too. I challenge you to have something that pushes you to do more. The sky will be your beginning.
Thanks for your precious time. I’m glad to spend time with you.
Leave your comments below .